When u 1st work at Starbucks, u'll probably say, "Hi, i'm a barista and i do busing 24/7." Not,"hi. i'm a barista and i make coffee." Seriously. I went to do busing for 100x.Yesterday was my 1st day of work. I was nervous like freaking hell. But i didn't get into any trouble so it was ok...OK on 2nd thought, it was not. Starbucks at plaza Singapura is buzy. Literally buzy.. Customer come in come out of the store every 5 mins. I really have to salute the baristas there. They are really capable ppl. They do multi-tasking better than me. N i here i thought i was good at multi tasking. Hehe. Mind u, Allen said that PS was the 2nd buzy store of all the starbucks cafes in Singapore. The 1st was at Raffles City. Ours are always competing with the one at Liat Towers.
Anyway as i was saying, I went to do busing for the upteenth time. Maybe the should just change the name of the position i am in. Maybe they should change it to....buser. Yeah. As in like u bus for life the 1st time u work at starbucks, wipe tables, clear tables and chairs, clean the condiment bar, greet and smile at the customers.. Then after u so-called "graduate" from a slave, then u'll become a barista and are allowed to make drinks for the customers. That should be the way. Hey i'll tell u now that Singaporeans dunno how to eat. I dunno about u guys who read this post eat but when i went to clear some tables during my shift, i saw tissues. Mountains of them. On the tables on the chairs and on the floor. The worst part was that they were all clean. I think they use their shirt to wipe their stinking mouths. And i saw straws on their plates, forks in their cups and cookie crumbs all over the table. Gosh.. i didn't know if i was hallucinating and saw a monkey instead of a human being who ate just now. Omgosh....I'll just blog next time... this is only the 1st part. I gotta go to Aunty Sham's house for the kenduri.
Ciao ciao Kora!
No comments:
Post a Comment